Symptoms of severe anxiety and panic linked with social anxiety disorder include:
- Fast heart rate and fast breathing.
- Trembling and feeling weak in the knees.
- Being unable to move or run away.
Symptoms of panic include:
- Feelings of terror or hopelessness.
- Chest tightness or chest pain.
- Severe trouble breathing with a fear of choking.
- Hot flashes or chills.
- A sense of unreality (like being in a dream).
- Fear of losing control or going crazy.
- Fear of dying.
Health Tools help you make wise health decisions or take action to improve your health.
Current as of: September 23, 2020
Author: Healthwise Staff
Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine
Donald Sproule MDCM, CCFP - Family Medicine
Lisa S. Weinstock MD - Psychiatry
Christine R. Maldonado PhD - Behavioral Health